I think it is so sad that we live in a society full of people who play the blame game. It seems that so many people find it so easy to blame others for their own circumstances. What is even worse, they have other people jump on the band wagon to support their blame of others. PEOPLE....Wake up! I definitely realize that there are some circumstances that cannot be helped and may cause distress, I get that. For instance, the closing of a factory or someone smashing into your car, I understand putting the blame on someone else. This is not what I am talking about.
Some of the things that I am talking about are blaming your parents for you growing up to be a druggie or an alcoholic or an abusive person. You GROW UP and you know right from wrong. I'm not saying that growing up and having a horrible childhood doesn't cause issues in your adult life. It does. I know that. You know that within yourself you have these issues. Go and get some help. I also realize that not everyone has the means to get professional help, but find someone to talk to. If you know that the decisions you are making are going to be detrimental, do something to change it. Instead we hear, "My dad drank and beat my mom so that's the only behavior that I know." Really!?! Come on, you know that's wrong! Make the decision not to do that. What about the girls (white, black, hispanic, etc) sitting on welfare popping out six kids from four different guys, blaming the guys for being dead-beats. Really? You're the one who slept with him knowing he had four other kids he didn't take care of. Where does that blame really need to go? We all know the list goes on and on and on and on.
I do make one exception......Veterans. I think it is our responsibility to help care for them when they can't take care of themselves. Many of them have the problems that they do because of what they have endured protecting us and our freedoms.
All of that to say, I do believe in helping people, providing a hand up, not a hand-out. I have needed a hand up, as I know many others have as well. I just don't feel that we should make a life out of living off of hand-outs and blaming others for our misfortunes and mistakes.
Have you been watching Jerry Springer?????? lol
ReplyDeleteExactly. And the scary thing is: these blame-others people VOTE!
ReplyDelete